I haven’t written anything since August. I took a break unsure if I would write again.
All of us have moments when fear and self-doubt take over, leaving us paralyzed. Anyone with an anxiety disorder know what I’m talking about. The overly anxious live a life based in fear.
My goal is to write something everyday even if it’s only a line or two.
It’s thrilling to receive a nomination for the One Lovely Blog award!
Thank you Mazie Bones @ TheseLittlePieces for thinking of me. I’m touched by your nomination.
Being nominated means thanking the one who nominated you, list 7 facts about yourself, and nominate fellow bloggers.
I recommend you check out TheseLittlePieces by the talented Ms. Mazie Bones! She is a cheery, whimsical, free spirit with a big heart. She writes poetry, plays a guitar, sings, and writes for NiagaraNews. Thank you Mazie!
Seven Facts about Me
- I’m the proud mum of 3 grown children, and 4 furry ones.
- My goal is live a full life centred around the two most important commandments Jesus gave us: to love God with all of my mind, body, soul, and to love everyone else as much as I love myself.
- I enjoy knitting, crocheting, and quilting.
- Next spring I plan to buy a bike and do some serious biking. It’s a healthy way to exercise, and the results are fabulous. Have you seen a bicyclist’s body?
- I discovered I love painting, repairing, and maintaining my home. My washing machine stopped working so I’m looking forward to fixing it.
- I will write a book. I’ve said this for years now, but I am going to do it!
- After almost 10 years without my parents, I still miss them.
And the nominees are…
The Deep End of the Puddle
Desert Rose in Bloom
Being back feels great!
LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATION
Wow! I’m usually nominated to be the designated driver, the one to do a coffee run or latrine duty. This is exciting!
Thank you Nida Shahzeb from the blog On The Road To Inkrichment! I love your blog and I’m honoured that you thought of me.
Nida Shahzeb – http://inkriched.com/2014/04/25/triple-liebster-award-nomination/I
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
11 Facts About Me
- I am a Christian trying to figure out what my life means.
- I will deal with mental illness for the rest of my life, but I will not lay down without a fight. I fight back with a sense of humour, my faith in God and the love of my 3 great kids.
- I love animals, especially dogs of which I own four. Warm, furry love!
- I accidentally became a vegetarian, when I realized I was eating the creatures I love.
- I love raw chocolate chip cookie dough. Why bake it, when you can enjoy it, without all that extra work.
- When I was a child, a bird pooped on my eye!
- I try to be kind and caring where ever I go, believing that a friendly smile goes a long way.
- When I was 7 I wanted to grow up and marry Captain Kirk. I still have a star-crush on William Shatner, a very handsome man at any age.
- When I ask myself, What would Jesus do? I don’t usually do, what I think He would do. Proof that I need Him more than I think I do.
- If I had a bucket list, dancing in the rain, naked would be on it. I will spare the world this sight by dancing privately.
- Turtles, chocolately, caramel, pecan chewiness. Yum!
11 Questions From Nida
- What keeps you going? My kids, my faith, my dogs
- What’s your biggest vice? Playing Candy Crush Saga
- What’s your favorite piece of jewelry or keepsake? The Pandora bracelet with a turtle charm, from my children
- Biggest adventure you dream of or have been to? Someday I will go on Safari in Kenya
- Humans or aliens? Humans. I don’t think we should be looking for them, because we will find them.
- What burns your blood? Drivers who don’t use their signal lights. C’mon people, there’s a reason cars have them!
- If you could have a holiday named after you, what would it be? A day focussed on kindness and affection, appropriate affection, of course.
- Err…who was Liebster? And why 11? Herr Liebster was a German plumber and closet poet. He had 11 children.
- Pancakes or waffles? Waffles with strawberries, custard and whipped cream. When I eat at Cora’s, that’s what I order.
- What’s your favourite cartoon bad guy? Snidely Whiplash, archenemy of Dudley Do-Right.
- What do you think of my blog? Your writing is honest and keeps me reading. You have a unique point of view, that always leaves me looking at life a little differently.
11 Questions for my nominees
- What is your motto?
- What was one of your favourite activities as a child?
- Where is your favourite quiet place?
- Country or City?
- What was the last book you read?
- Do you procrastinate?
- What are three words that describe your personality?
- Would you fly to the moon?
- How do you unwind?
- What’s your favourite animal?
- Are you more like your mom or dad?
And, my nominees are…
I will post nominees soon!